Jenn Grant, the quirky Halifax-based singer shares her thoughts with us on life, what she would be doing if she wasn’t a musician, and other answers which seem to go hand in hand with her dreamy vocals and lyrics. We particularly liked her answer #7. Catch Jenn at our Canadian Voices festival on July 24th.
1. I knew I wanted to be a musician when….
I was a little girl. I always said I wanted to be an actor or a singer, but as I grew older my heart fell more in love with singing.
2. If I wasn’t an artist, I would be...
travelling. working with disabled people. playing with kids. camping. probably being an artist and just not telling anyone.
3. My music is influenced by….
my heart. the way the light falls. birds singing.
4. The last album/song I listened to was…
The river by Joni Mitchell
5. If I could collaborate with any other artist, I would choose…
6. The three things I can’t live without are….
fresh air, my friends and my family
7. If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be…
drifting to sleep in canoes tied together watching the stars
8. If I could have a conversation with 3 other people, alive or dead, they would be…
Grampy Dan, my dog Stanley, my boyfriend
9. The last thing that made my day was…
cooking breakfast on an open fire
10. The world needs more….
compassion and spaces
11. If I could create anything I wanted in a laboratory I would create…
a cure for cancer
12. In ten years I want to be…..
in love with a family and recording an album.