Circus Sessions, May 14–20th, 2017
Produced by Femmes du Feu in partnership with Harbourfront Centre, part of NextSteps 2016/17.
Call to artists
Circus Sessions – now in it’s third season – is a weeklong creative laboratory and think-tank that offers 12 contemporary circus artists the opportunity to work with internationally renowned UK mentor Sean Gandini at the Harbourfront Centre Theatre.
This initiative is open to the diverse forms of practice that span the five families of circus: Aerial, Acrobatics, Balancing, Object Manipulation and Clown. Circus Sessions looks to encourage artists to engage in a creative dialogue that examines their evolving form, cultivates experimentation in performance, as well as networking, advocacy and audience development and engagement strategies.
Circus Sessions is free to all participants. Participants will be responsible for travel costs. We will do our best to help find accommodation.
Date and Location
The workshop and performances will take place in the Harbourfront Centre Theatre.
Workshop: May 14–20, 9:45am – 6pm.
Performances: May 19–20, 8pm
- Bio (max 250 words) or 3 CV (3 page max)
- Primary discipline and training background
- Letter of interest addressing these questions (1 page max)
- Artist statement/ inspirations & investigations
- Why Circus Sessions interests you
- Video links (2-3 links, max 10 minutes)
- Please also include a short description of how this material relates to your letter of interest.
** Please send all material in a single word document titled NameCSSubmission2017 (ex. HollyTreddenickCSSubmission2017) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: January 1, 2017
For more information, head to our website.