Lumio Lamp, walnut or maple. $275. Mini Lumio+, yellow\navy or red\grey $225.
New to The Shop is the award-winning Lumio book light. Lumio was born from San Francisco-based designer Max Gunawan’s fascination with the functional potential of origami and his desire to create a flexible lighting solution that adapts to the user’s needs.
Lumio is a dynamic, multi-functional lamp that conceals itself in the form of a hard-cover book. It opens to 360 degrees and comes with a custom micro-USB charger, magnetic wooden pegs for mounting, and a beautiful leather strap for hanging.
Designer Max Gunawan rose to fame when his Kickstarter program for Lumio raised over $580,000 USD in pre-orders, and he was then featured on TV’s Shark Tank where he received an investment of $250,000 from Robert Herjavec for 10% of his company.
- The interior body of the lamp is made from durable, water-resistant and 100% recyclable DuPont™ Tyvek®.
- Industrial-grade Neodymium (N52) magnets are built into the wood covers to maintain portability and flexibility.
- It can be expanded to 180 degrees while mounted on any surface.
- A rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides wireless power for up to eight hours.
- Long-lasting LED modules emit 500 lumens – slightly brighter than a 40W bulb.
- Natural FSC-certified wood covers come in two finishes: blonde maple and dark walnut.