Our Instructors provide coaching to all, from first time boaters to seasoned owners looking to improve their confidence and control. We deliver two courses to suit your needs, as well as Own Boat Tuition for boat owners who wish to train on their own vessel.
Introduction to Power Boating (1.5 Hours) $130
This introduction gives an overview to some of the main components covered in the Basic Powerboating syllabus. After an introductory talk on equipment and personal safety, we will head to the boat to familiarize yourself with the controls and operation. Some confined space turning, docking and slow speed maneuvers will give insight into confident boating.
Sail Canada Basic Power Course (21 Hours) $595
This two-day course focuses on building confidence and providing core skills to safe and competent outboard and inboard operation. Focusing primarily on safety, docking, slow and high speed maneuvers, you will learn proficient techniques across a number of other areas. Weekend structure:
- Introduction and safety equipment
- Boat familiarization and operation
- Slow Speed – Prop Walk, Figure 8’s
- Leaving and docking
- Theory on types of craft, engines and drives
- High Speed S-turns, U-turns, P-turns and stopping
- Anchoring, securing to a buoy, towing
- Confined space turning and recovery
- Introduction to navigation
- Practice Saturday’s slow speed maneuvers
- Man overboard session
- Boatyard walk to look at hulls and drives
- Coastal navigation practical passage
- Boat handling under high speed
- Debrief and where to go from here
Monday Evening (6pm-9pm)
This 3–hour session allows time with the instructor to go over some of the theoretical aspects of the course.
As part of the course you will be trained for the Canadian Coast Guard Pleasure Craft Operators Card and you have the option to sit the exam for an additional $45.
In the end we want you to have fun while you learn, after all, that’s what boating is all about! Upon course completion you have the opportunity to join the Power Membership club.
Own Boat Tuition ($75-$150 per hour)
We can provide a qualified instructor to teach you the ropes on your own sail or power boat. Prices range from $75-$150 per hour, with potential travel costs dependent on the location of your boat from our base here in Toronto.