Camps Code of Conduct
Harbourfront Centre Camps is committed to creating a safe, nurturing, and inclusive learning environment where its participants are inspired through meaningful participation and enriched experiences in all facets of arts and culture.
We aim to provide a positive camp climate where all members of the Harbourfront Centre Camps community – campers, staff, and visitors alike – feel physically and emotionally safe, included, and accepted. Harbourfront Centre Camps strives to promote responsibility, respect and civility among its participants by promoting positive behaviour and interactions.
To this end, the following Code of Conduct is to be adhered to at all times during all Harbourfront Centre Camps activities.
All members of the Harbourfront Centre Camps community shall:
- Show respect for the rights, property, and safety of themselves and others
- Respect and appreciate diversity of all persons regardless of their race, culture, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age and ability
- Exhibit behaviour that avoids all forms of intimidation, harassment, racism, and discrimination
- Treat Harbourfront Centre property and the property of others with a reasonable standard of care
- Promote positive behaviour through the avoidance of all types of violent acts
- Act to prevent and/or stop unsafe situations from arising by reporting site safety issues and/or unsafe behaviour on the part of staff or participants
The Harbourfront Centre Camps Code of Conduct is built around the three following principles:
- Respect for the rights, property, and safety of others and self
- Responsibility for one’s behaviour in order to maintain a safe and positive camp environment
- Honouring the rights of individuals by demonstrating appropriate behaviour in the context of social responsibility
Harbourfront Centre Camps staff will focus on proactive measures rather than reactive measures when working to create a safe environment for campers to have fun and learn.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in removal from Harbourfront Centre Camps.