Who we are
- Craft & Design at Harbourfront Centre is a dynamic axis point for contemporary expression in Canada and an integral part of the country’s largest public multi-disciplinary arts complex.
- We inspire people to engage with the ideas being expressed by today’s craft designers and artists.
What we do
- Champion, the significance of craft and design as a creative discipline and cultivate excellence nationally and internationally.
- Provide an unparalleled opportunity for people to witness, understand and experience work being created.
- Generate exhibitions and thought-provoking symposia that communicate new ideas and shape perceptions about contemporary craft and design.
- Advocate collaboration between craft, design and art disciplines.
- Operate the only national, post-graduate programme of its kind in Canada that catalyzes craft designers and artists to explore, pursue and accelerate their potential in a comprehensive artist-in-residency programme and ideal studio environment.
- Commit to artists and designers through generous subsidy and deliver access to beneficial resources and conditions.
What we seek to achieve
- Aim to be a definitive voice in contemporary craft and design in Canada.
- Have craft designers and artists aspire to the Harbourfront Centre experience and see it as the essential element in their artistic development.
- We advocate collaboration and define associations between craft, design + art while actively engaging the disciplines in mutual exhibition and event opportunities.