Please read entire application carefully before submission.
The Artist-in-Residence programme is open to recent craft and design graduates to explore, pursue and accelerate their creative and professional potential in a comprehensive studio environment. Recent is defined as within 5 years of graduating. Criteria include:
- Talent, skill and innovation.
- Post-secondary Degree or diploma from a Craft/Design/Art College or University.
- Demonstrate the potential for artistic and technical development.
- Ability to demonstrate progress in your practice and career and a commitment to exhibit, promote and seek support for your work.
- Commitment to participate in all Craft programming.
- Ability to work without a Studio Technician.
- Willingness to avail yourself of all Harbourfront Centre resources.
- Ability to work co-operatively, respectfully and responsibly.
- Ability to work in view of the public.
Harbourfront Centre Artists-in-Residence programme is subsidized. If awarded a position, you sign a one year contract and pay a monthly license fee of $89.75 (HST included).
The programme does not include housing or stipends.
International applicants please familiarize yourself with Citizenship and Immigration Canada: International Participants and Work Studies.
Types of Artists-in-Residence
You may only apply three times for a full-time Artist-in-Residence position.
One Year Contract for recent graduates. Usually begins in June.
(June-August) – Three Month Scholarship Contract for students. Available when space permits. Only students returning full-time to an educational institute may apply.
To complement our annual programme, duration depending on project. Mid-career artists may wish to consider this kind of residency. Minimum 3 months. Available when space permits. Please contact Head of Craft to discuss your eligibility.
Free one-year residency is awarded in each studio to a recent graduate, if applicable. To be eligible for the award, you must have graduated within the prior two years.