Thanks to all of the artists and bands that expressed an interest in this year's SoundClash Music Award competition. We are no longer taking submissions at this time. Our jury is busy selecting a shortlist of finalists that will be announced soon.
Do you have what it takes?
$10,000 in cash prizes!
The SoundClash Music Award is Harbourfront Centre's annual live music competition for cutting-edge, forward-thinking artists from all genres.
If you're an independent artist (i.e. no major label affiliation) and you're in the GTA (including Durham, Halton, Peel and York), we want to hear from you.
A jury of music industry trendsetters will select a shortlist of finalists to perform at Harbourfront Centre's SoundClash Festival, running July 12-14.
Winners will be selected by a combination of jury and public voting and will be awarded a total of $10,000 in cash prizes and much more.
Questions? Email email@example.com for further information.
Click here to see the 2012 short-listed artists and winners.
Artists may submit their EPK exclusively through Sonicbids. Any submissions received via email, hard copy, or other means will not be considered nor returned. To be considered, all submissions must include at least three songs, a biography (including relevant press quotes, if any), and a photo of the act. Including links to websites, artist social media pages, and video of live performances is also recommended.
1. Artists submitting to the SoundClash Music Award must be available all day on Saturday, July 13th to perform (if selected as a finalist).
2. Artists selected as finalists must also be available on Friday, August 30th to perform a 60-minute set on the WestJet Stage at the Hot & Spicy Food Festival (if selected as the SoundClash winner).
3. Selected finalists will be asked to perform a 30-minute set in front of the SoundClash jurors and a live audience at Harbourfront Centre on Saturday, July 13th.
4. All songs performed live at Harbourfront Centre must be lyrically "clean" (i.e. no foul language) and the performances must be suitable for a free, outdoor public venue.
5. Open only to independent artists from the GTA (including Durham, Halton, Peel, and York) who perform diverse, contemporary and cutting-edge music forms.
6. Public voting runs from June 3rd – July 23rd. The winner will be announced on Monday, August 5th.
7. This contest is not open to employees of Harbourfront Centre.