The SoundClash Music Award is Harbourfront Centre's annual live music competition. If you're an independent artist and you're in the GTA, we want to hear from you!
A jury of music industry professionals will select a shortlist of finalists to perform at Harbourfront Centre's Canada Day Extravaganza, June 27–July 1.
Winners will be selected by a combination of jury and public voting and will be awarded a combined total of $10,000 in cash and other prizes.
Email email@example.com for additional information.
1st Prize: $5,000
2nd Prize: $3,000
3rd Prize: $2,000
Plus prizes from Banko Media, Musi Artist Development, Music Ontario, NXNE, VocalCoach.ca and WestJet.
Artists must apply through Sonicbids.
To be considered, all submissions must include at least three songs, a biography (including relevant press quotes, if any), and a photo of the act. Including links to websites, artist social media pages and video of live performances is also recommended.
Alternatively, artists may submit via email with links to songs, bio and photos (no attachments will be accepted).
1. All artists submitting to the SoundClash Music Award must be available to perform during the weekend of June 27–July 1 (if selected as a finalist).
2. Selected finalists will be asked to perform a 30-minute set in front of SoundClash Music Award jurors and a live audience at Harbourfront Centre during our Canada Day Extravaganza (June 27–July 1).
3. Artists that are selected as finalists must also be available to perform a 60-minute set on the WestJet Stage at the Hot & Spicy Food Festival, August 15-17 (if selected as the SoundClash Music Award winner).
4. All songs performed live at Harbourfront Centre must be "clean" (no foul language) and the performances must be suitable for an audience of all ages.
5. Open only to independent artists from the GTA (including Durham, Halton, Peel and York) who perform diverse, contemporary and cutting-edge music forms.
6. Public voting runs from June 9–July 6. The winner will be announced August 1.
7. This contest is not open to employees of Harbourfront Centre.