Who We Are
Harbourfront Centre, on Toronto's waterfront, is an innovative not-for-profit cultural organization that creates events and activities of excellence that enliven, educate and entertain a diverse public.
Present, commission and incubate the work of contemporary artists in all disciplines;
Foster learning and innovation through inter-disciplinary and international artistic exchange;
Deliver accessible, inspiring, and relevant artistic, cultural, educational, and recreational experiences; and
Steward the transformation of our campus and strengthen Toronto's identity as an international waterfront city.
Harbourfront Centre will be recognized as Canada's leading international centre for contemporary arts, culture, and ideas. We will inspire audiences and visitors with a breadth of bold, ambitious, and engaging experiences.
Quick Facts about Harbourfront Centre
- Governed by a 26-person community based volunteer Board of Directors
- 10-acre site attracts millions of visitors each year
- Creator and presenter of over 4,000 events annually
- Partner to more than 450 community and cultural groups annually
- Multidisciplinary artistic and cultural focus showcasing works in contemporary visual arts, crafts, literature, music, dance and theatre for adults and children
- Operator of two marinas and three parking facilities
- Host to 30,000 children at School Visits and 4,500 children at Camps annually
- Assisted by approximately 2,000 volunteers who generously contribute their efforts and time
- Supported by government grants and contributions which constitute about 1/3 of our annual operating budget
- Driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit to generate revenues to support 2/3 of our annual operating budget
- All events and programmes are offered at reasonable prices or are completely free of charge