A multi-use venue ideal for music, dance, and theatre that can be transformed into various seating configurations. It has two balcony levels and three lobbies.
During an essential retrofit of the Harbourfront Centre Theatre's glass roof and curtain walls, Harbourfront Centre partnered with Enwave to find a cutting-edge solution that would improve the thermal performance of the theatre by preventing leakage and heat loss/gain. As a central part of the retrofit, Enwave funded an arts initiative, commissioning Canadian artist Sarah Hall to create Waterglass, a permanent, large scale solar glass art installation.
Please note: the east side entrance to the Harbourfront Centre Theatre is closed until May 10 (tentative). Patrons should enter the building via the west side doors.
- Entrance doors to the building where theatre is located are not power assisted.
- Ramp access to the theatre's Box Office and to theatre's entrance.
- Wheelchair accessible on main floor.
- Wheelchair seating can be accommodated with advance booking through our box-office. Seating may vary according to the configuration of the house.
- Infrared hearing devices are available. Please notify one of our Front Of House staff at the time of entry to arrange device pick-up prior to the performance.
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms can be found just outside of the theatre, entry is not power assisted.
- Please note that there are no elevators in the theatre.